Thursday, April 7, 2011

“I will never be the woman with the perfect hair...

...who can wear white and not spill on it.” - Sex and the City

There is some sort of freedom in realizing you don't have to be perfect. Of course, I love fashion and primp as much as the next girl, but perfect? It's unrealistic and impossible. I think I've finally come to terms with the idea that my body may not be fat free, my "baby" hairs may always stick straight up, I almost always spill something on myself, and I almost always will have a pimple or two on my chin.

While it's taken 22 years to learn this, I have also learned tricks to get around these faux pas (spelling...?) Pimples can be covered with concealer and a little bit of powder. Stains can be covered with a strategically placed belt or cardigan. ANY body shape can look good in conjunction with properly fitting clothes (they ARE out there somewhere) and a bit of personality. I still haven't figured out a good and lasting remedy for the baby hairs, but I'm working on it.

And if I don't find the perfect solution to fix my hair or come to terms with my body fat? It doesn't really make a difference. I'm still the same person, and THAT is something to love.

Just remember, "The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.” - Sex and the City

No comments:

Post a Comment