Thursday, March 24, 2011

Typical Kind of Day

So, if I was interested in posting on the My Life is Average website, this would most likely go on it. But, I'd probably go over the character limit, and I'd like to write a blog instead :)

Today, I was in the mood to read some articles for my 15 page paper due in Ancient Medcine at the end of the semester. (In case you're interested, it is on the ancient texts of the Hippocratic Oath and Preface to Conpositiones by Scribonius Largus and morals of doctors in the ancient world - fascinating stuff ;)) I have a lovely porch approximately 5 footsteps away from my doorway and since it is a gorgeous day in Charleston, I decided to read on the porch. I set my papers down and a gust of wind blew 3 of my articles over the porch railings.

Womp Womp.

I carefully secured the rest of my papers under the numerous books I had also brought outside along with my keys and cell phone and ran downstairs to get my papers from blowing across the parking lot and street. I thought I had learned my lesson, so I placed all the articles I wasn't working on under the books for safekeeping. I was in the middle of reading a super important article (pretty much the basis of my paper) when I decided to go instide to get a highlighter. Unfortunately, I walked outside to find my paper on the roof of the building connected to my house. I proceeded to go downstairs because I assumed it would blow down. I met a friend downstairs and he offered to help. We watched the paper roll across the roof multiple ways for approximately 15 minutes before it blew over the roof... into a puddle.

Just kidding about the puddle... but with my life I wouldn't be surprised ;)

I love that my life is never boring, and beautiful days in Charleston where the sunshine warms my shoulders and I can enjoy having a porch <3

No comments:

Post a Comment